Message In Stanza

Poetry and Musings

It’s crazy thinking about living forever! Isn’t it? Sometimes we reflect on existing forever. Spending forever with our Maker! And drinking in His love and worship Him forever! But you may think 10 years in Heaven will be a blast. 100 years will be fun, but what about 10,000 years in Heaven? What could we possibly do in Heaven for THAT many years?

Well, I never did extensive research on eternity, I can only speak from a personal relationship with God. But God never ceases to amaze me in this lifetime. There are always new facets of His nature and personality that surprise and astonish me. I feel like I have only scratched the surface.

So will we be bored or endlessly surprised in Heaven? I have read from people that have had Near Death Experiences (NDE’s) that beautiful colors that don’t exist on Earth exist in Heaven. Even the music is more vibrant! And the love they feel is incredible! 10 times better than on Earth!

Also I believe there will always be new adventures, fun, projects, jobs to do in Heaven. We will continue to work in Heaven but the joy will increase because of the Fall of Man, which brought toil, will be lifted! God is a creative God, He can always create more things for you to do in Heaven!

So we will be bored living forever and ever?

A.W. Tozer once said, “But there is more. God’s gifts in nature have their limitations. They are finite because they have been created, but the gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus is as limitless as God. The Christian man possesses God’s own life and shares His infinitude with Him. In God there is life enough for all and time enough to enjoy it.”

C.S. Lewis simplified it, “Once a man is united to God, how could he not live forever?”

But let’s enjoy our life to the fullest here on Earth! While we have much to look forward to, God calls us to be Earthly-minded. Prayer and worship can give us a taste of Heaven but let’s invite God to our Earthly space now!

D351DB8F-4A7B-4D75-A194-E7CDB207E311

17 thoughts on “Will We Be Bored In Heaven?

1. LaRae Wiggins says:

Yes amen Carly!!!

1. Carly says:

What a beautiful future awaits us, right, Larae? ❤️ Thanks for commenting.

2. Nemo says:

It can sometimes help to be a bit more eternally minded about things. Its so easy to get mired in everyday difficulties but if you can come to grips with the fact that a wonderful forever awaits us then everyday life can be a lot easier

Liked by 2 people

1. Carly says:

Yes, that realization can be a source of comfort, for sure! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

3. Gina says:

i enjoyed reading about your relationship with God, this is after all what He desires of us as an earth human father would too. a close relationship understanding his amazing personality and character. I doubt we will feel bored for in eternity who would measure time? my humble thoughts from reading your excellent post.

1. Carly says:

Thank you so much, Gina for your sweet comments. 🙂 Yes, I totally agree with you. Who would measure time in Heaven? The good times will just zoom by, but then again, we will savor every moment with more to come! 🙂 I am happy you felt inspired by my relationship with God.

1. Gina says:

You are welcome but i was very inspired and comforted by your writing. makes me feel a strengthening of my own faith which is being tested everyday.

2. Carly says:

Aww, thanks. 🙂

4. When the drop merges with the Ocean again consciously then we are in the Will of God – and whatever God is Doing in His Greatness and Mercy, in Grace and Love – we are part of it as “unseen” drop of the Ocean – then we are always really with Him, and where He is there we are too – when we are ready for the eternity, timelessness, without beginning and ending – then our soul (pure love and light, the same essence as that of God) is One with the One…under His Consciousness and Will…

Thanks for sharing, my dear friend Carly
    Have a great time
    Didi

1. Carly says:

Yes, when get Heaven, I believe, we will become much closer to God and sin will be forever erased. Amen! 🙂 Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me, Didi. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Welcome, dear Carly 🙂 – and it is good to live a conscious life already now.
        Have great time my friend 🙂
        Didi

5. BeingAlive says:

Such beautiful notes

1. Carly says:

No problem! God bless. 🙂

6. Yacoob says:

Absolutely – no boredom. The problem is that we can’t conceptualise how we’ll be then…we can’t even imagine what eternity is like. These are concepts beyond our comprehension while our souls exist in this earthly realm. We get only glimpses here.

Anyway, the post reminds me of something I wrote on the topic last year:

1. Carly says:

Yes! We are so limited on this Earth with time, only capable of being one place at a time, etc. I might sound crazy but what if we could be in multiple places in Heaven at once? Maybe it’s my imagination running wild. Lol.

I’ll be sure to check that out, Yacoob. 🙂 Thanks for sharing! 😀

7. Saneh Pandey says:

Your writing is very thoughtful Carly. Amazing.

1. Carly says: