Message In Stanza

Poetry and Musings

We all live busy lives
Trying to maintain our jobs and houses
And stay connected to friends, family, and spouses
I peer into this night sky in this lit plaza
I can’t even see the stars with all this light pollution
Is progress really the solution?

It is a man-made idealism
But we hold it true as realism
I am riding a train going somewhere
Reading Scripture
It says, “Wait on the Lord”
I choose movement over patience
It’s like leaving my suitcase at home while on board
We’ve got a destination but no tools to help us

How do I rely on an invisible being of light?
How do I give my problems to the One who has it all?
I know He understands but I am embarrassed each time I fall
How do I give my relationships to Him?
When God-fearing men bring light to a world turning dim
They’re a physical embodiment of the Person who created everything
But still, I can’t get on my knees or sing

Lord, take my mess
And help me feel blessed
Blessed beyond measure
In You, I want to surrender

I am riding that train again
But this time I don’t block out the Holy Spirit from within
I take Him into this broken planet
And say, “Lord, here’s my soul, “You can have it!”

© Carly Wiggins 2016

19 thoughts on “I Want To Surrender

1. mb says:

I really enjoyed this one – it echoed many of the deep longings we all have! Thank you for sharing!

Liked by 2 people

2. mb says:

I really enjoyed this one – it echoed the deep longings we all have! Thank you so much for sharing!

3. Pat Lynch-Dopkin says:

I really related to the line, “Lord, take my mess And help me feel blessed”.
    Thanks for sharing this thoughtful poem😁.

4. A sincere heart cry…God, in heaven, will not deny. ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you for the reminder. I believe God knows the desires of my heart, deep and small. 😀❤️

5. Philip Kamau says:

Indeed! Surrender is the only language that God understands. You are right. When the “men of light” appear in the world as sons of man, they are usually the embodiment of the Source of all Enlightenment and Divinity, yet nobody cares to love virtuously because now all the world has become so given to vile practice in the name of civilization.

Mankind has fallen below the threshold and now all the systems he has created in the name of civilization advancement are now ruining his spirituality bigtime!

Thanks for your enlightening post. You are very different from many.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, very true. Society, intentionally or unintentionally focuses more on status than love at times. That’s what I was trying to convey through my poem. Thanks for feeling inspired and commenting. May God richly bless you. Carly

1. Philip Kamau says:

Thanks. It inspires me because you exhibit some of the qualities of enlightenment.

6. Tammy7711 says:

Amen!!! Such powerful and moving words! We must surrender ALL to God with only nothing back.

Liked by 1 person

7. A beautiful poem simple words so well penned, Carly and all for the Lord.

1. Carly says:

Thank you! That means a lot to me!!

1. Carly says:

Thank you!🙂 Glad you liked it.

Liked by 1 person

8. Hey!! I nominated you for the sunshine blogger award. I love reading your blog posts and you deserve it.
    😊

1. Carly says:

Thank you so much, Soverness but I am currently not accepting awards at this time. But thanks for thinking of me. 🙂