Message In Stanza

Poetry and Musings

They pull the lever

Now it’s time to surrender

Welcome to the roller coaster ride of life

This coaster has tendencies to make hair frizzy

Or your head a little dizzy

But they never let you know when it goes into the dark

Is it thrilling or scary?

You decide

We all have detours

In our lives

Closed and open doors

But this isn’t a railroad

It’s a roller coaster

We are all in this together experiencing the same joys and disappointments

Now it’s time for a corkscrew

Wow, how the coaster flew!

Now comes a loop

I hear you say, “whoop!”

It’s ok, put your hands up

Don’t you feel the joy start to erupt?

Then the coaster screeches downwards

You think you just going to fall off

Then it comes to a sudden halt

Welcome to the roller coaster ride of life

Did you hold on inside?

(C) Carly Wiggins 2016

15 thoughts on “Welcome to the Roller Coaster Ride of Life

1. Carol Monahan says:

I enjoy this poem… The imagery and the sense that I’m looping around, simultaneously laughing and screaming! I’d never have thought of this glorious analogy!

2. Dear Carly,

There is one possibility that my answer went to your spam. This happens sometimes to me too when people leave a comment, then I first have to approve it then it can be seen as a comment. So I will answer again:

Thanks for sharing this idea: in fact, life is a roller-coaster, we pass ups and dowsn, are excited and scared sometimes but have to follow the traces where our life is on the ride and go. Yes, it is a bit similar as I have written. Good job, my friend 🙂

In case it happens again that this comment does not show up, I am sending it on my page as well..

So I wish you and your family happy ride for 2019 and may there be more ups then downs (but often downs are there to make us understand that ups are not a matter of courses).
    Hugs from my heart to yours
    Didi

1. Carly says:

I don’t know why it happened. 😕 I checked my admin and didn’t see your comment. :shrug: Have you been leaving a lot of comments on my blog and I am not seeing them, Didi?
      Happy you enjoyed my poem. Yes, life can seem scary and exciting at the same time. Better be strapped in! 😉
      Happy new year, my friend! You have always been such a support for my blog and stuff. I love your encouraging blog as well. 🙂 Thank you and happy new year!! I wish you all the blessings!! 🎇🥂❤️

Liked by 1 person

1. Dear Charly, every now and then I write some comments to your blog – but this was the first time, that my comment has not reach you obviously – so we should often look in our spam folders.

Thank you also for your good wishes, my friend. May God bless you too, dear Carly.
        Hugs from my heart
        Didi

2. Carly says:

Sounds good. Blessings, Didi!! 🙂❤️

3. Thank you, my dear friend Carly 🙂
        Same to you 🙂
        Didi

3. Sadje says:

Beautifully said. Life has ups and downs just like a roller coaster ride.

1. Carly says:

Yes, it does! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. Great poem and for sure our lives are one great roller-coasters, Carly and the picture was so apt.

1. Carly says:

Thank you! 🙂

5. Winnie says:

A great metaphor about life, Carly! Beautiful poem.

1. Carly says: