Message In Stanza

Poetry and Musings

You are cornered by the devil himself

In a dark alley

All alone

There is nothing there by trash and a gutter

He takes a hand to your mouth

And says, “You are about to give birth to my demonic dreams”

He continues on, “Don’t speak when I am talking to you”

”You have Godly intentions but I will lead you astray”

The devil service comes for you and me

Don’t listen to these abstract heartless threats

They only threat when they feel they have nothing left

But they are ready and armored

Love only breaks these assaults of these dark forces

But trial and hardship must come first

To truly overcome and testify to God’s goodness

Trusting God can feel like throwing a coin in the wishing well

Or winning a coin toss

But victory all starts with the cross

The devil service comes for you and me

Don’t forget

Shine that light brighter

(C) Carly Wiggins 2018

16 thoughts on “The Devil Service

1. It speaks to the hope one might find in the moment of darkness. The sliver of light which pulls us through. Thanks for pointing me to this one Carly.

Liked by 1 person

1. Carly says:

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was going for. An awareness of evil but good will always prevail! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Great. You did an awesome job of portraying that

Liked by 1 person

2. Carly says:

Aww, thank you, Megha. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Sadje says:

This is a very powerful message

Liked by 1 person

1. Carly says:

Thank you! I am happy it made you think. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Sadje says:

You’re welcome 😊

3. Deep words of the demon so well penned, Carly and in the end the savior comes and rescues us from going into the darkness.

Liked by 1 person

1. Carly says:

Yes, I never wrote the poem with that in mind. But I agree as I think about it. I was thinking about how believers are tempted by the devil and how God enables us to overcome satan. But more or less, we are saying the same thing. 🙂 Thanks for commenting!

1. Welcome Carly but this is all human perception, there is nothing like demons all is a small degree of goodness. Why would God want to be or send demons to harass us. Just learn to love Him and love each and everyone 🙏🙏👍👍👍👍

Liked by 1 person

2. Carly says:

Maybe I wasn’t clear in my other message. I agree you. God doesn’t want to send demons to harass us. I agree. But satan attacks everyone, even believers, and God gives us an ability to overcome them.

4. Shine the light in his eyes, and run… him through; the the sword!

Liked by 1 person