Message In Stanza

Poetry and Musings

Joy brings gratitude
It helps you shift your attitude

Your walk a thin line
With your cynicism
Sometimes it’s blind protection
There are no missiles
Coming your way
Just launching from your direction
The very thing you’re afraid never happens
But you are left with shame

I never meant to be so cold
I let my past take ahold

My past happened
But the present is getting ignored
And my future is at risk of a lack of joy
Just like every human I want peace
Is there to grab
But I treat like a toy
This object of my attention can be replaced
The GIJoe is lost and the Barbie’s head is missing
My innocence is lost

God, please forgive me
Truth and destiny… deliver me

(C) Carly Wiggins 2017

14 thoughts on “Truth and Destiny… Deliver Me

1. Renee Scott says:

Nice piece !!! We seek truth and we must accept our destiny. We must pray they are consistent

Liked by 1 person

1. That is right. 🙂 I believe if we don’t hold on to the truths in the Bible of who God says who are, we won’t completely walk into our destinies, you know?

Liked by 3 people

2. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

3. RenewBlog says:

Poignant words there, Carly. I’ve really been thinking a lot lately about grabbing a hold of all that God has got for me and not allowing the enemy to rob me of the joy & peace that belongs to me.
    Hayley 😊❤️

1. Carly says:

Yes, Hayley. Thanks for those encouraging words. Some days it can be hard to focus on Christ more than your circumstances. But God is stronger than the evil one. “Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7 NIV). What hope, right? 🙂

1. RenewBlog says:

Amen! Love that scripture, Carly.
        Every blessing, Hayley 😊❤️

2. Carly says:

Thank you Hayley! ❤️🌸

Liked by 1 person

4. Beautiful poetic splendour, Carly and for sure in Joy brings gratitude. Lovely poem.

1. Carly says:

Thank you! And God is the ultimate supplier of that joyous gratitude! Praise God! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Welcome and yes I so agree with your words, Carly.

5. Nemo says:

Sometimes I find myself being less thankful to god than I should. But really being intentionally grateful is a sure way out of almost any snare. I’ve heard complaining is to the devil what prayer is to God.
    So thanks for the timely reminder to be grateful, intentionally 👍🏻

1. Carly says:

Yes, being grateful is an artful practice. Some days are better than others. I am learning in my late twenties to be kinder to myself, then, I believe, gratefulness will follow. If that makes sense. 🙂

1. Nemo says:

Sure I’m learning that same lesson too